Chennai express: Review!

Monday, August 12, 2013

Being a die hard SRK fan, I never thought I could ever say this, but "This SRK movie was a one-time watch!". Yeah yeah, I know, its Shahrukh Khan after all but I have to say the truth. If you want to go watch the movie for the story or concept, you may easily skip this one but if you wanna go just for SRK, you are in for a delight! 'Coz he is back as Rahul with scenes and dialogues reminding you of DDLJ, Dil to Pagal Hai and a lot many SRK movies in the last decades. And surprisingly, he is looking much younger than he did in most of these movies! :P

But I have to say one thing - this movie isn't as bad as everyone is claiming these days - it doesn't stand up to an SRK movie but its a decent one. I may describe it as a perfect blend of Rohit Shetty and SRK's kinds of work - so its a mindless comedy with pieces of romance. The romance, however, was too deep and intense, even for Shahrukh. The surprise element was Deepika padukone - apart from her horribly fake accent! :P

As the Furobiker rightly mentioned, the scene in which Shahrukh carried Deepika on a 300-stair temples was too emotional and deep on so many levels. It was my fav scene in the whole movie. Also, the humor was well put - you know there's no logic but you will laugh uncontrollably. It was Shahrukh's best attempt at humor.

The movie has flaws as well - firstly, when the gundas threw the TT out of the train, then why did they carry Shahrukh with them till their village? They could have easily thrown him out as well along with his Rs 35000 Nokia phone :P The other problems is he tried to portray South-India till the T which is very good but it just becomes too tough sometimes for us to understand! Sub-titles and a bit more of Bollywood touch would have been very helpful!

The TRP of the movie lies in SRK, the Rajnikant song "thalaiva" also known as the Lungi song, a large portion of Tamil scenes, the beautiful locations and some of the songs. "One two three four - get on the dance floor" is such a catchy song and also the "Chennai aai aai aai aai Chennai Express" is already my ringtone :P However, the best one is "tera rasta choduu na".

I would give this movie a rating of 3 out of 5 stars.

Here's a the sweet song for you. - Must Listen!




6 comments:

  1. hahaha SRK movies are ideally onetime watch only .. hahaha sorry its not right to tease SRK fans :)
    But indeed this one was one of Badshah's many one time watch sweet movies .. :D
    As a good movie he has done Maya Memsaab,Darr,Chak De India and My name is Khan .. are few of his good movies
    He is a very good actor but he is yet to do movies where critics can clap :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you about the last part. He is yet to please the critics with a movie about a serious topic but you have to remember Shahrukh Khan is a businessman along with an actor - he has to earn huge profit which is definitely higher in entertainment movies!

      Delete
  2. I agree that commercial movies are necessary. Necessary to earn, then invest more in the next movie and the cycle continues. But I would say, there are commercial movies that don't have to be out and out insult to people's common sense! If the money that you earn goes simply into building bigger mansions and the next movie is even more stupid than the previous one...what is the point? I don't want SRK to make a movie that critics cheer him for and earns modestly. I want him to make a commercial hit which is bearable, makes sense and has at least a pinch of emotional value. As a gentle reminder, think of 3 idiots...and no, i am not comparing the Khans, I am just saying there is money in the right places too.

    P.S. (1)I am not a fan of 3 idiots. But at least I don't hate the fact that it earned whatever it did. It wasn't a bad movie.

    (2) I am anonymous only to avoid pissing off SRK loyalists.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even though I am a hard core SRK fan, I totally agree with you. This movie was pretty much an insult to common man's common sense!

      And I think 3 idiots was way too better than Chennai express - in terms of both, entertainment value and touching upon issues that actually affect us(ragging and pressure of expectations).

      Delete
  3. Can say the direction of Rohit Shetty was awesome in Chennai Express and role played by SRK and Deepika is really fabulous but the lacking part in this movie is music only otherwise movie is really great and one time watch for fun and comedy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Somebody necessarily help to make severely posts I might state. This is the first time I frequented your website page and to this point? I surprised with the research you made to create this particular post extraordinary. Well done admin..
    PEGA Training in Chennai

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...